Recipients And Amount Granted
|Age Concern Auckland Inc||$3,987|
|All Nations Health Fitness & Wellbeing Trust||$10,000|
|Amitabha Hospice Trust||$1,211|
|Asian Sport & Culture Association||$8,805|
|Auckland Basketball Services Ltd||$10,000|
|Auckland Climbing Youth Development Club||$5,000|
|Auckland Curling Club||$6,800|
|Auckland Diving Community Trust||$10,000|
|Auckland Down Syndrome Association||$10,000|
|Auckland Environmental Protection Association||$9,999|
|Auckland Refugee Council Inc||$10,000|
|Auckland Volunteer Fire Brigade Incorporated||$4,000|
|Avondale Returned Services Inc. Society||$2,500|
|Awhi Mai Te Atatū||$10,000|
|Babystart Charitable Trust||$8,233|
|Bellyful West Auckland||$10,000|
|Blockhouse Bay Business Association||$3,228|
|Camp Quality New Zealand||$2,280|
|CARE Waitākere Trust||$10,000|
|Community Approach Trust||$10,000|
|Community Support Waitākere||$10,000|
|Community Waitākere Charitable Trust- Umbrella Organisation||$4,647|
|Dynamic Badminton Association||$10,000|
|EcoMatters Environment Trust||$10,000|
|English Language Partners Auckland Central & West||$6,000|
|Fair Food Trust||$9,436|
|Flanshaw Road School||$10,000|
|Friends of Whatipū||$10,000|
|Gecko NZ Trust: on behalf of South Titirangi Neighbourhood Network||$10,000|
|Glen Eden AOG Church Children Ministry||$9,999|
|Glen Eden Bowling Club||$10,000|
|Glenburn Figure Skating Club||$6,880|
|Glendene Community Society Inc||$9,914|
|Glenora Netball Club||$1,980|
|Green Bay Community House||$9,996|
|Green Bay Youth Work (c/o Titirangi Baptist Church)||$5,841|
|HBC Community Trust||$7,200|
|Henderson Bowls Inc||$9,187|
|Henderson Budget Service||$9,270|
|Henderson Chinese Association||$5,000|
|Henderson Squash Club Inc||$10,000|
|Henderson Valley Pony Club Incorporated||$5,000|
|Hobsonville Community Trust||$10,000|
|Huia Cornwallis Ratepayers and Residents Association||$7,974|
|Kelston Visioning Project Trust||$10,000|
|Kereru Massey Scouts Group||$9,700|
|Kotuku Trust (trading as A Supported Life and Two4Nine)||$8,333|
|Kumeu Cricket Club||$4,380|
|Laingholm Baptist Church||$5,000|
|Lynn-Avon United Association Football Club (Incorporated)||$4,347|
|Massey Amateur Swimming Club||$6,240|
|Massey Birdwood Settlers Association||$5,000|
|Massey Rugby Union Football and Sports Club Inc||$7,372|
|Matuku Reserve Trust||$10,000|
|Mobility Assistance Dogs Trust||$4,000|
|MPHS Community Trust||$10,000|
|No 1 District Federation of New Zealand Soccer Incorporated||$10,000|
|Oratia Bowling Club||$10,000|
|Pest Free Waitākere Ranges Alliance||$10,000|
|PHAB Association (Auckland) Incorporated||$10,000|
|Piha Ratepayers and Residents Association Inc||$3,995|
|Piha Volunteer Fire Brigade||$10,000|
|Ponsonby Rugby Club Inc||$7,638|
|Protect Piha Heritage Society Incorporated||$8,679|
|Ranui Swanson Football Club||$8,877|
|Red Leap Theatre||$10,000|
|Redwood Park Golf Club Inc||$6,630|
|RiverCare Group Te Wai o Pareira||$9,992|
|Saint Leonards Road School||$10,000|
|Special Olympics Waitākere Trust||$8,086|
|Sport Waitākere Trust||$10,000|
|St Pauls Primary||$5,000|
|Te Atatū Endeavour Sea Scouts||$10,000|
|Te Atatū Intermediate School||$10,000|
|Te Atatū Peninsula Bowling Club Incorporated||$5,000|
|Te Atatū Peninsula Community Trust||$5,000|
|Te Atatū Peninsula Parade Society Inc||$10,000|
|Te Kohanga Reo o Te Maungarongo||$9,575|
|Te Ohu o Onekiritea||$10,000|
|Te Pou Theatre Trust||$10,000|
|The Auckland Diving Community Trust||$10,000|
|The Girl Guides Association New Zealand Incorporated||$5,000|
|The ReCreators (Re-Creators Charitable Trust)||$9,480|
|The Whau River Catchment Trust||$10,000|
|Titirangi Badminton Club Incorporated||$10,000|
|Titirangi Community House Inc||$936|
|Titirangi Soldiers Memorial Church Trust||$6,499|
|Triangle Park Community Teaching Garden Charitable Trust||$10,000|
|Waitākere Badminton Association||$5,000|
|Waitākere Central Community Arts Council||$5,000|
|Waitākere Chinese Association Inc||$10,000|
|Waitākere City BMX Club||$9,999|
|Waitākere City Racquet Sports Trust||$10,000|
|Waitākere Ethnic Board||$10,000|
|Waitākere Hockey Club Incorporated||$10,000|
|Waitākere Indian Association||$10,000|
|Waitākere Primary School||$10,000|
|Waitemata Rugby Football Club Incorporated||$10,000|
|Waitemata Scottish Country Dance Club||$2,543|
|West Auckland Girls Brigade||$869|
|West Auckland Mental Health Support Trust (aka Te Ata)||$10,000|
|West Auckland Riding for the Disabled||$5,000|
|West Auckland Woodturners Guild Incorporated||$2,150|
|West Auckland Youth Development Trust||$10,000|
|West City Baseball Club||$7,160|
|West Coast Rangers Football and Sports Club Incorporated||$9,999|
|West Lynn Garden||$6,000|
|Whau ACE Adult and Community Education||$10,000|
|Whau Coastal Walkway Environmental Trust||$10,000|
|WIA Hindi Language & Cultural School||$5,000|
|Woven Earth (Trust)||$8,636|
|Zeal Education Trust- West Auckland||$10,000|
Funding Priorities- We Connect and Belong
- For organisations that increase community connection and belonging that will contribute to improved mental and physical wellbeing and resilience of West Aucklanders.
- To alleviate pressures that are being felt in the community through Covid-19 disruptions, economic hardships, flooding, and storm damage with isolation and anxiety issues prevalent and the increasing disconnect from communities and community groups.
- Applications can be for operational support, programmes and projects. Capital projects and equipment will be considered if there is a demonstration of how it aligns with community wellbeing and resilience.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- This fund is not retrospective and must be spent from April 2023 onwards.
- Open to organisations that serve the West Auckland community.
- All groups and organisations with charity or incorporated society status (such as Incorporated Societies, Community Benefit Trusts, Registered Charities) and education providers.
- Groups affiliated to a regional or national body or use of an umbrella organisation where the benefit is in West Auckland.
- Require funding to meet operational needs or for a specific project. Capital projects and equipment may be considered. Supporting food banks will not be specifically considered.
- There will be a lower priority on organisations if they received funding in February 2022.
- The Accountability form (or progress report) has to be completed within 12 months of receipt of funding. Any unspent funds will need to be returned by 30 April 2024.
Your West Support Fund Terms and Conditions
Your West Support Fund Recipients April 2022
Congratulations to the Your West Support Fund recipients for April 2022! Each of the following community organisations have been granted $5,000 to help towards providing services for children and young people in The West.
Successful applicants from the last fund are below:
The Trusts' grants are considered unconditional gifts and therefore no GST is payable on any grant received. If an applicant is GST registered, the grant will not cover the GST component and will be awarded on a GST exclusive basis. If an applicant is not GST registered, the grant will be paid on a GST inclusive basis.
Once the selection panel has made their decision on who receives funding, we will email both the successful and unsuccessful applicants to let them know the result of their application. This email will be sent in late March 2023.
The most common reasons for declining were:
- Not clearly servicing the West Auckland area
- Not aligning with the theme, We Connect and Belong
- A lower priority was given to organisations if they had received funding in February 2022
- The organisation was not charitable, incorporated, or an educational institute.
We appreciate the time and effort you put into submitting your application. We intend to continue to support more community organisations through the Your West Support Fund in the future, so we hope you will consider applying next time.
The Your West Support Fund is part of The Trusts Support West programme for 2022/23. This funding comes from surplus commercial profits from our retail and hospitality businesses.
If your application for funding from Your West Support Fund is successful, the funds will be paid into your nominated bank account by 6 April 2023.
Organisations eligible to apply for assistance from the Your West Support Fund are schools, sports clubs, incorporated societies, registered charities, and community organisations. Please see our Criteria section for more information.
Previous recipients of Your West Support Fund are also eligible to apply for funding.
Applications for funding from the latest Your West Support fund opened on Friday the 10th of February 2023 and will close at 11.59 pm on Friday the 10th of March 2023. You can apply online via the Apply Now button on this page.
All applications will be considered by the selection panel of elected members of the Waitākere and Portage Licensing Trusts, who may contact you for more information.
As part of the application process you will asked to submit some documentation to support your application.
The following documentation is required:
- A copy of your organisation’s most recent financial statements (preferably audited)
- For operational expenses we require 3 months worth of invoices
- For capital projects or equipment we require 3 quotes showing the cost of the project or equipment
- A bank deposit slip
- Schools are required to provide a letter from the principal supporting their application
A maximum of $10,000 of Your West Support funding can be applied for per organisation. For funding that covers operational expenses (e.g. salaries, utility bills, rent), a limit of 12 months of funding can be applied for.
You can apply for funding for your organisation to cover either operational costs (e.g. a salary, rent or utility bills) or for capital expenditure (e.g. building maintenance) or equipment costs (e.g. sports or IT equipment). Please see the Criteria section for more details.