West Auckland Trust Services Limited, Portage Licensing Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust (together, The Trusts, we, our or us) have a duty of care under relevant legislative responsibilities to take robust precautions to safeguard the security, safety, wellbeing and privacy of The Trusts team members, customers, contractors and members of the public working in or visiting The Trusts sites.
The protection of individual privacy is a fundamental responsibility for The Trusts when using technology such as CCTV and CCTV recording systems.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information via our CCTV Systems and other cameras installed in at our sites and The Trusts will openly display signage advising CCTV cameras are operating on site.
We may also collect personal information about you from any person or entity sharing information with us for anti-social behaviour prevention and for law enforcement purposes.
The kind of personal information we collect
Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that The Trusts’ may collect about you from its CCTV Systems include images and other biometric data from our CCTV Systems.
Why we use CCTV Systems
The Trusts operate CCTV Systems to:
• actively deter crime against The Trusts people and property;
• mitigate the risk of criminal incidents including Robbery, Theft or Assault against The Trusts team members, customers, contractors, and members of the public attending sites;
• utilise technology and openly promote the security of The Trusts sites to ensure the safety, wellbeing, and privacy of people, in or visiting a site, while creating a more secure working environment;
• capture factual evidence of crime, mal-practice or incident involving harm to any person, loss or damage to any property and to assist in any investigation; and
• support Operational Procedures, Health & Safety and Security programmes and support the execution of any process pursuant to NZ legislation lawfully utilised by The Trusts, e.g. identification of trespassed individuals, identification of self-excluded persons.
The Trusts do not use CCTV Systems:
• by directing cameras at or positioned in ablution blocks / showers, toilet facilities, changing rooms, first aid rooms or lunchrooms;
• as part of a routine team member work time or attendance monitoring programme;
• to monitor the general movement of team members or contractors while going about their normal duties / activities;
• to monitor buildings, premises, or occupants unrelated to The Trusts business purposes; or
• to gather information to intentionally intrude on the privacy of individuals.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
The Trusts’ business purposes include to:
• operate CCTV Systems as a deterrent to ‘would be’ offenders committing crime and to gather evidentiary material confirming criminal acts or events;
• gather information to:
− assist investigations into crime, mal-practice, employee or customer actions, or incidents involving harm to any person and loss or damage to property; and
− support any procedural, employment or legislative process related to requisite policies or procedures;
• secure evidentiary information for inclusion onto crime reporting platform AUROR;
• assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection at The Trusts’ sites, and record information independently at each site to provide necessary assurance to mitigate safety, security, and compliance risks;
• assist us, our service providers and any other persons or entities with whom we agree to share information relevant to monitoring anti-social behaviour and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or anti-social behaviour;
• to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
• for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected; and
• for our administrative purposes.
We may disclose information about you:
• to our service providers (including our hosting providers);
• if we are requested to do so during legal proceedings or other investigations;
• with your authorisation;
• to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required by law;
• to third parties where necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or anti-social behaviour; and
• to third parties with whom we agree to share information relevant to monitoring anti-social behaviour and for law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or anti-social behaviour.
CCTV System information security
The Trusts will ensure that information collected through the CCTV Systems is protected by such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
This includes the CCTV Systems operating and recording information independently at each site to mitigate safety, security and compliance risks with gathered information stored on digital electronic storage media (NVR). CCTV Systems and NVR storage media will be:
• access / password protected;
• secured in cabinets or secure office; and
• under the management and control of a Trusts Site Manager.
How you can access/amend your personal information
If you wish to obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you and to access that information, or you wish to request a correction to your personal information that we hold, please contact us at email@example.com
If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
If you request a correction to your personal information and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, an amended record of your personal information will be provided back to you. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of correction sought but not made.
How long we hold personal information
We will determine how long we hold your personal information, except that we will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which we may lawfully use it.
Who you can contact for further information
Private Bag 93 016, New Lynn