- Additional rights and obligations
- our rights and obligations under the Privacy Act and any other applicable law; and
- any additional information or authorisation provided by you or us in connection with your membership or use of a particular Programme.
What personal information do we collect?
In this section, we describe the personal information that we collect. You do not have to provide us, or authorise us to collect, any information that we request. However, if you do not do so it may affect our ability to assist you, including providing you with our products and/or services.
- Types of information that we collect
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the circumstances in which that information is collected, which may include:
- your contact details (such as name, email address, address, phone number);
- age and gender;
- if you are a customer of ours, details of the programmes you have joined and used, including any rewards you have earned through your membership of our loyalty programmes and information you provide to enter a promotion;
- record of communications we have with you;
- your billing information;
- any other information that you authorise us to collect or provide to us.
How do we collect personal information?
In this section, we describe how we collect personal information directly from you and, in some cases, from other sources.
- Collection of personal information from you
Generally, we only collect personal information directly from you. For example, when you:
- register for and use a Programme, such as PlusPoints;
- visit one of our Websites, social media platforms or use one of our Apps;
- participate in a survey, promotion or competition;
- communicate with us or contact us for any other purpose;
- enquire about, or request, any of our services;
- enquire about job vacancies or apply for job vacancies; and
- when we otherwise provide information or services to you.
How do we use personal information?
- How we use personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- process your registration and administer your Programme membership, including to send you rewards and vouchers applying to PlusPoints;
- provide services to you;
- send you direct marketing, by post and electronic means, including by email, phone and text/SMS. This may include information about special offers, discounts, promotions and other information relating to our products and services, or the products and services of group companies and selected third parties, that we think may be of interest to you – you can opt out of receiving direct marketing by telling us in writing, by email (refer to the “Contact Us” section)
- understand your shopping habits and likely preferences, in order to enhance The Trusts products and services (for example, in order to offer you a better, more personalised and tailored service, send you information about goods and services that are likely to be of most interest to you and show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests);
- enter you in a prize competition and administer the prizes - please be aware that, in some cases, you may be automatically entered into a competition by purchasing an eligible product and swiping your PlusPoints;
- improve our Programmes, including our range of Programmes and offerings generally and to ensure that they remain relevant and of interest to users. For example, we may contact you to request that you respond to market research and surveys and if you contact our call centre we may record your call for quality and training purposes;
- assist you to access new channels for delivery of, and access to, our services, for example mobile applications and payment methods;
- assist us in investigating your claims and complaints;
- to reply to your queries or requests, including when you make an enquiry;
- facilitate the provision of our products and/or services that we may offer from time to time;
- work with and procure goods and/or services from our suppliers and service providers;
- facilitate recruitment and selection of prospective personnel;
- provide and manage charitable assistance and community grants;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for our administrative purposes and any other purposes in relation to the operation of our business; and
- for any other purpose that you authorise.
Who do we share personal information with?
In this section, we describe who we share personal information with.
- Service providers
In providing and managing our services, community grants, Programmes, Websites and Apps, we contract with other businesses to provide services to us and we may disclose personal information to them to enable them to provide those services. We require these service providers to adhere to our confidentiality requirements and to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
- Prize competitions
Generally, we will never disclose your personal information to our suppliers who supply products for our stores and venues. The one exception to this is that we may provide your contact details to a supplier to enable them to contact you if you have won a prize. Please be aware that this may include providing your contact details to a supplier if you have won a prize competition that you were automatically entered into by purchasing an eligible product.
- Anonymous information
We may share anonymised and aggregated information (which is not capable of identifying you) with our contractors, affiliates, business partners and other third parties.
- New partners
How do we store personal information?
- Storage of personal information
- Security standards
We will take reasonable technical and organisational safeguards, including complying with generally accepted industry standards, to protect personal information against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or use.
- Your responsibilities
You are responsible for ensuring your Internet browser and computer system are secure (including, but not limited to, free and secure from viruses) and can support any security measures we use to protect your information.
You are also responsible for complying with any security requirements that we notify you of.
- Updates to your personal information
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section).
- Access to and correction of your personal information and preferences
You are entitled to request confirmation of whether we hold any personal information about you, and to access any such personal information.
If we hold personal information about you, you are also entitled to request us to correct the information. If we do not agree to make the correction sought, you may request that we attach a statement of correction sought but not made to such information.
We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to access/correction requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- Access fee and ID requirements
We may charge a reasonable fee for giving you access to your information if your request requires substantial effort on our part. Before we provide you with access to your information, we may require some proof of identity.
- Retention of your personal information
- Cookies and anonymous information
We may collect information about you using “cookies”, when you visit our Websites or social media pages, use our Apps, or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies. For information about cookies and how to switch them off, see www.allaboutcookies.org..
A cookie is a small data file that our Websites, or social media pages, our Apps, or our advertisements send to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Information supplied by cookie and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Website’s and social media platform’s visitors and the profile of the App’s users, and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
We use Google Analytics to collect analytical information, such as the number of visitors to our Websites per day or the number of pages requested per day. This non-personal information is aggregated by Google Analytics and enables us to measure activity within our Websites, which in turn is used to continually improve our Websites and our service to our customers. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can see how Google uses data when you access our Websites https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Anonymous information
We also use aggregated and anonymous information (where identifiable characteristics are removed, so that you will remain anonymous). Where we do this, we may use that information to determine preferences, shopping habits and other metrics related to our customers' access to and use of our Programmes.
- Contact Us
Our contact details
You can contact us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 09 826 2620. Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Private Bag 93 016, New Lynn