In recent years your Trusts have supported projects which will have big impact on the lives of West Aucklanders by providing major grants. These include a $2m dollar donation to the Well Foundation to help build a new Special Care Baby Unit at Waitakere Hospital and $100,000 donations to Fair Food and VisionWest to help provide food to West Aucklanders in need.
We are pleased to be in a position to accept applications for funding for large scale projects that benefit West Aucklanders in the 2021/22 financial year.
Below you can find information on the following:
Eligibility criteria for major grants
To be eligible for a major grant, you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Your project must have a broad reach and have a significant impact on the West Auckland community.
- Your organisation must be either an incorporated society, registered charity, government or non-government organisation. This includes groups affiliated to a national/regional or umbrella organisation based outside of West Auckland with a project that will benefit West Auckland.
- Your organisation is applying for a grant of more than $100,000. Support for smaller projects is provided through our Your West Support Fund and Sponsorship programmes.
- You are applying for funding for a special project and not for normal operational funding for your organisation.
How to apply for a major grant
Expressions of interest for major grants from The Trusts will be open from November 2021 until February 2022. During this timeframe you will be able to submit an expression of interest for a major grant via a form on our website.
The selection process for major grants
The selection process for major grants is as follows:
- Expressions of interest are accepted from November 2021 until February 2022
- Elected members of Portage Licensing Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust review a summary of the expressions of interest received at each Trust’s February Board Meeting.
- A working group consisting of elected members from both Portage Licensing Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust meet in March to select the successful applicants
- Successful applicants are notified thereafter.
What happens if my organisation is successful in applying for a major grant
If your organisation is successful in applying for a major grant you will be required to enter into a contractual relationship with The Trusts which reflects the size of the grant.
At a later date, you will be required to submit an accountability report to ensure that the grant was used for its intended purpose.
If you have any questions or need further information about applying for a major grant from The Trusts, please do not hesitate to contact us via the form below.