To be eligible for a major grant, you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Your project must have a broad reach and have a significant impact on the West Auckland community.
- Your organisation must be either an incorporated society, registered charity, government or non-government organisation. This includes groups affiliated to a national/regional or umbrella organisation based outside of West Auckland with a project that will benefit West Auckland.
- Your organisation is applying for a grant of more than $100,000. Support for smaller projects is provided through our Your West Support Fund and Sponsorship programmes.
- You are applying for funding for a special project and not for normal operational funding for your organisation.
You will be able to submit an expression of interest for a major grant via a form on our website, when the window for major grants open (the major grant programme for the 2021/22 financial year is currently under review).
The selection process for major grants is as follows:
- Expressions of interest are accepted during a specified timeframe (currently under review)
- Elected members of Portage Licensing Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust review a summary of the expressions of interest received at each Trust’s Board Meeting (after the window for expressions of interest closes).
- A working group consisting of elected members from both Portage Licensing Trust and Waitakere Licensing Trust meet in March to select the successful applicants
- Successful applicants are notified thereafter.
If your organisation is successful in applying for a major grant you will be required to enter into a contractual relationship with The Trusts which reflects the size of the grant.
At a later date, you will be required to submit an accountability report to ensure that the grant was used for its intended purpose.
Need further information?
If you need further information about our Major Grants, please do not hesitate to contact us.