Thanks a $2.5 million West Auckland!
The financial results for your Trusts for the 2018/19 year are in. Thank you West Auckland! By supporting The Trusts, you are supporting great causes in our community – everything from playgrounds and school vans to sports gear, surf club equipment and support for the Special Baby Care Unit at Waitakere Hospital.
We wanted to share the highlights for the 2018/19 financial year so you can see more about how your Trusts work.Download Annual Report
The Trusts by the numbers:
- $117.9 million – combined operating revenue for WLT and PLT for 2018/19
- Revenue growth of 3.4% on previous year
- $7.2 million – combined net profit after tax for WLT and PLT for 2018/19 (Includes profit from the sale of property)
- $2.5 million given back to the community
- Retail outlets generated 84% of total revenue, hospitality 12% and investments 4%
- 27 stores in total
- Three new stores opened
- 11 hospitality venues
- One new modern eatery, Mr Illingsworth, opened
- Zero tolerance for alcohol sales to minors
- 350 team members
All of this means in 2019/20 we will invest 47% of our profit to give back, 32% into the existing business for refurbishing our stores and venues or opening new ones and 21% will be invested for the future.
What you helped to fund:
When you shop at a Trusts’ outlet, or enjoy our hospitality, you help us support great causes in West Auckland. In 2018/19 we gave $2.5 million through:
- $1 million given back in the Million Dollar Mission, to support 32 excellent causes in the 2018/19 financial year.(48 Million Dollar Mission winners chosen in the next community round late last year, achieving 200,000 votes from a community of 250,000 people in just 21 days for funding paid out in May 2019.)
- $600,000 for free first aid kits
- $600,000 for the Special Care Baby Unit at Waitakere Hospital (Instalment one of $2 million total)
- $300,000 for community sponsorships
Our annual report and full, independently audited financial statements for each Trust are available here, along with more detail on how we support West Auckland.
Download Annual Report